Oops. Six weeks without a post. I guess that's what happens when you go away for more than three weeks, then get sick, then go away again. At any rate, I have tons of stuff to post in the next little bit.
First things first: our busy, busy summer! Stefan's parents came out here to visit in the middle of July, along with his sister. We met them in Amsterdam, then came down here for a few days before heading on to Germany. Amsterdam was nice, as always, and we even managed to find the one nice afternoon to take a bike tour around the city. Biking around Amsterdam isn't really as terrifying as it seems like it should be, especially not once you've had some practice biking in crowds and through traffic. We should've known, though... it rained quite consistently in Amsterdam, and that was the theme of the whole trip. There were maybe two days total when we didn't get any rain, no matter where we were. Ah, well. It's the sign of a good trip that we enjoyed ourselves anyway, despite the horrible weather.
Outside Amsterdam, we went up to Zaandam to see the windmills, which they've conveniently surrounded with all the touristy Dutch things, like a cheese shop and a clog store. A bit touristy for my tastes, especially as we were absolutely soaked by the end of it. I'm fine with rain, as long as I don't have to be outside in it. I'm especially not fond of biking in it, but I'll save that for Berlin ;)
There's really not that much else I can say about Amsterdam, especially since I've posted about it several times already. Germany and Greece will be far more exciting, I promise! And as usual, the photos are here.
No comments:
Post a Comment