Yes, yes, I know. Nearly four months without a post. But hey, things have been busy! I'm trying to finish up the dissertation, we went home for a month, and in between all that, we're trying to plan a wedding!
So, at the very least, I thought I should post photos from the trips we've taken since I last posted.
First, Belgium. We live about 35 kilometres from the Belgian border, and we kept saying that we should bike there one day, just to say we'd done it. So we picked a nice weekend in August and went! We took a bit of a scenic route, so it ended up being about 40 kilometres each way, and we split that over two days, so we stayed a night in Belgium. I have to say, I don't know how the pros sit on their bike seats for that long. I couldn't sit comfortably for a couple of days, after just 80 kilometres! But we did it, and the photos are here.
Next, Germany, and another visit to Stefan's aunt and uncle in Speyer. More castles, more churches, more wine... it doesn't get much better than that!
Technically, we went to Canada next, but there are basically no photos of that, because I tend to forget about the camera. Unless you want to see a photo of the plastic mermaid in my bellini?
Finally, in October, we took a weekend and went up to the north of the Netherlands, to Leeuwarden in Friesland. We got a good deal on a fancy hotel, and we had a nice relaxing weekend. We wandered the city, we hung out in the hotel's sauna and hot tub, we had some fantastic meals (seriously, best food I've had in the Netherlands, hands down).
And that's about it up to now. Between work and wedding planning (okay, and the new Assassin's Creed), we're keeping pretty busy, and hoping it slows down soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment